Skip to menu

본문시작

Daily Proverbs

2019.08.21 12:55

admin Views:2947

venice_01.jpg

• Here is a new day. O Pendulum move slowly!
  • The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.
  • A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
  • Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
  • First rule of intelligent tinkerings: Save all the parts.
  • The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.
  • Unless you try to do something beyond that you have already mastered, you will never grow.
  • The desire of knowledge, like the thirst of riches, increases ever with the acquisition of it.
  • The cautious seldom err.
  • Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.
  • A man is never so on trial as in the moment of excessive good fortune.
  • Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races on after another.
  • The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.
  • Fame usually comes to those who are thinking about something else.
  • To be a success in business, be daring, be first, be different.
  • They are able who think they are able.
  • Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
  • Success is never permanent, and failure is never final.
  • Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.
  • There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only wisest of mankind achieve the second.
  • To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge.
  • The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.
  • Individual commitment to a group effort-that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work or a civilization work.
  • Speak softly, and carry a big stick; you will go far.
  • You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people.
  • Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right.
  • Fashion can be bought. Style one must possess.
  • Knowledge is power.
  • Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.
  • When angry, count [to] ten before you speak; if very angry… [a] hundred.
  • Deal with yourself as an individual worthy of respect and make everyone else deal with you the same way.
  • Life has two rules: 1. Never quit! 2. Always remember rule Number 1.
  • If you don't like something, change it; If you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
  • A good conversationalist is not one who remembers what we said, but says what someone wants to remember.
  • Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking.
  • People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
  • People say conversation is a lost art; how often I have wished it were.
  • Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
  • I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
  • Tis better to be alone than in bad company.
  • If you are not fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm.
  • Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk.
  • There is no disguise which can for long conceal love where it exists or simulate it where it does not.
  • A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
  • Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
  • VISIOM   The art of seeing things invisible.
  • Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream tha you wish will come true.
  • In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer.
  • Act or Accept.
  • The only ZEN you find on the tops of mountains is the ZEN you bring up there.
  • A morning glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books.
  • It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
  • Every entrance is an entrance somewhere else.
  • We think in generalities, but we live in detail.
  • Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
  • If your heart can become pure and simple, like that of a child, I think there probably can be no greater happiness than this.
  • You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.
  • A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitude.
  • It is as hard to see one's self as to look backwards without turning around.
  • He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.
  • How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.
  • Three Rules of Work 1. Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
  • he did each single thing as if he did nothing else.
  • May the road rise to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, the rains fall soft upon your fields, and, until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
  • Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
  • Follow Your Bliss.
  • Bloom where you are planted.
  • If you can DREAM it, you can DO it.
  • It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
  • Kindness is wisdom.
  • Imagine.
  • If you learn from your suffering, and really come to understand the lesson you were taught, you might be able to help someone else who's now in the phase you may have just completed. Maybe that's what it's all about after all…
  • [about the pass] …the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.
  • Trying times are for trying harder.
  • Point of View: When you are at sea, keep clear of the land.
  • Do not the most moving movements of our lives find us without words?
  • Nobody ever died of laughter.
  • There are two lasting bequests we can give our children: One is roots. The other is wings.
  • The important thing not to stop questioning.
  • In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on.
  • Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.
  • A hunch is creative trying to tell you something.
  • Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a stage of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice.
  • I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
  • Every man dies. Not every man truly lives.
  • Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
  • Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
  • Don't smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.
  • The Taxpayer-That's someone who works for the federal government, but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.
  • Don't go through life, grow through life.
  • Our life is what our thoughts make it.
  • It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
  • For fast acting relief, try slowing down.
  • We are what we repeatedly do.
  • We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
  • I am not a teacher, but an awakener.
  • This above all: to thine own self be true. And it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.
  • If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with.
  • There is nothing permanent except change.
  • You have a choice. It may not be a choice you like, but it is still a choice.
  • It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
  • Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
  • One is taught by experience to put a premium on those few people who can appreciate you for what you are.
  • The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
  • What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
  • Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
  • People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.
  • It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credits.
  • The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
  • Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
  • A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
  • Nothing lasts forever - not even your troubles.
  • Never seem wiser, nor more learned than the people you are with.
  • He who angers you conquers you.
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
  • When a child asks you something, answer him, for goodness sake. But don't make a production of it. Children are children, but they can spot an evasion quicker than adults, and elation simply muddles 'em.
  • You can't help someone get up a hill without getting closer to the top yourself.
  • The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.
  • Service is the rent we pay for being. It is the very purpose of life, and not something you do in your spare time.
  • It is a mistake of the head and not the heart don't worry about it, that's the way we learn.
  • What I spent I had. What I saved I lost. What I gave I have.
  • Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
  • Adversity causes some men to break, and others to break records.
  • Embrace Life.
  • To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
  • The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny…"
  • To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart.
  • Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius.
  • There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now. I might as well take a nap."
  • If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
  • Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
  • Compromise: The art of dividing a cake in such a way that everybody believes he got the biggest piece.
  • The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
  • Fear less, hope more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours.
  • Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
  • The greater the obstacle, the more glory is overcoming it.
  • When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
  • If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded.
  • Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
  • And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.
  • Everyone needs recognition for his accomplishments, but few people make the need known quite as clearly as the little boy who say to his father: "Let's play darts. I'll throw and you say 'Wonderful!'"
  • If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?
  • we must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
  • Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
  • A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
  • You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough.
  • Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the "me" for the "we".
  • Hindsight: When the old mapmakers got to the edge of the world, they used to write, "Beyond this place, there be dragons."
  • You know you've achieved perfection in design, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away.
  • Nurture your mind with great thoughts.
  • A weed is no more than a flower in disguise.
  • There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love; there's only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.
  • And the wind said: "May you be as strong as the oak, yet flexible as the birch; may you stand tall as the redwood, live gracefully as the willow; and may you always bear fruit all your days on this earth."
  • He who laughs, lasts.
  • Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
  • Today, be aware of how you are spending your 1440 beautiful moments, and spend them wisely.
  • We must use time creatively, and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
  • Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
  • Make voyages. Attempt them. There's nothing else.
  • Do what you can with what you have where you are.
  • Many candles can be kindled from one candle without diminishing it.
  • One world at a time.
  • You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because throns have roses.
  • No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
  • It is not the truth that makes man great, but man who makes the truth great.
  • Speak when you're angry, and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret.
  • Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
  • The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
  • What does not destroy me makes me strong.
  • Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to be where was.
  • You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
  • Appreciation is a wonderful thing; it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.
  • Age is of no importance unless you are a cheese.
  • Talk happiness. The world is sad enough without your woe. No path is wholly rough.
  • Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; do not become the slave of your model.
  • Life is a big canvas, throw all the paint on it you can.
  • A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
  • Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start now and make a brand new endings.
  • Be just and fear not.
  • Derive hapiness in oneself from a good day's work, from illuminating the fog that surrounds us.
  • Life can only be understood backwards, but must be lived forwards.
  • You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. NOW.
  • Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble.
  • You can't expect to hit the jackpot if you don't put a few nickels in the machine.
  • An archer cannot hit the bulleye if he doesn't know where the target is.
  • This has always been a motto of mine: Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.
  • Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms, you would not see the beauty of their carvings.
  • People only see what they are prepared to see.
  • The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
  • Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.
  • Success is more attitude than aptitude.
  • In any situation, the best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.
  • The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
  • The older you get, the more you like to tell it like it used to be.
  • Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home.
  • To know you have enough is to be rich.
  • You can't depend on your judgment when your imagination is out of focus.
  • The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
  • The love of liberty is the love of others. The love of power is the love of ourselves.
  • The day a person becomes a cynic is the day he loses his youth.
  • Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.
  • Control your emotion or it will control you.
  • Yes, risk taking is inherently failure-prone. Otherwise, it would be called sure-thing-taking.
  • Nothing is so strong as gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as real strength.
  • Better to bend than to break.
  • Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.
  • Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness.
  • What poison is to food, self-pity is to life.
  • Patience is the companion of wisdom.
  • All serious daring starts from within.
  • Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
  • Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
  • Few things are more satisfying than seeing your children have teenagers of their own.
  • Friendship is a sheltering tree.
  • Start by doing what's necessary, then do what's possible, and suddenly…you are doing the impossible.
  • Hear the meaning within the word.
  • Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.
  • Patience is power. With time and patience, the mulberry leaf becomes silk.
  • Take a sad song and make it better.
  • If the first button of one's coat is wrongly buttoned, all the rest will be crooked.
  • Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
  • Action is eloquence.
  • Beware, as long as you live, of judging people by apearances.
  • What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realize it sooner.
  • Paradise is where I am.
  • We never listen when we are eager to speak.
  • The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.
  • The great knows the power of gentleness.
  • Hitch your wagon to a star.
  • Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all.
  • If you're never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances.
  • What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
  • Silence is a friend who will never betray.
  • No matter how far you have gone on a wrong road, turn back.
  • I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.
  • Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to "jump at de sun." We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground
  • Abilities wither under faultfinding; blossom with encouragement.
  • Follow the first law of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.
  • …let me see something tomorrow which I never saw before.
  • Never "for the sake of peace and quiet" deny your convictions.
  • He who knows it not, who can no longer feel amazement, is as good as dead, a snuffed out candle.
  • It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts.
  • Ideals are like the starts: we never reach them, but like the mariners of the sea, we chart our course by them.
  • One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.
  • The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money.
  • Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try.
  • If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.
  • At first people refuse to believe that a strange new thing can be done, then they begin to hope it can be done, then they see it can be done-then it is done and all the world wonders why is was not done centuries ago.
  • It is very easy to forgive others their mistakes; it takes more grit and gumption to forgive them for having witenessed your own.
  • Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.
  • The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.
  • What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do.
  • It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure you haven't lost the hings that money can't buy.
  • How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.
  • The gap between enthusiasm and indifference is filled with failures.
  • We all have ability. The difference is how we use it.
  • It isn't a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream.
  • Courage is the mastery of fear, not the absence of fear.
  • There are no unmotivated people, only unchallenging goals. Make your goals believable and exciting.
  • A good scare is worth more to a man than good advice.
  • The most important single ingredient is the formula of success is knowing how to get aling with people.
  • It's not the journey of a thousand miles that is so daunting - it's the pebble in your shoe that is driving you to distraction.
  • One person can make a difference and every person should try.
  • I have always known that at last I would take this road, but yesterday I did not know that it would be today.
  • If we keep on doing what we always done, we'll keep on getting what we always got.
  • The one thing that does not abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.
  • Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be.
  • Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them.
  • Freedom is never free.
  • Never try to walk across a river just because it has an average depth of four feet.
  • Don't learn the tricks of the trade. Learn the trade.
  • Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
  • You are never a loser until you quit trying.
  • Be absolutely determined to enjoy what you do.
  • Never cut what you can untie.
  • Keep in mind that the true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.
  • Do what you can with what you have where you are.
  • Two ways to meet difficulties: Alter the difficulties or alter yourself to meet them.
  • When you can't solve the problem, manage it.
  • Knowing is not enough; we must apply Willing is not enough; we must do.
  • Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand.
  • Whenever you fall, pick something up.
  • Giving thanks is one course from which we never graduate.
  • Don't feel guilty if you decide to take the rosy view. Accentuating the positive turns out to be medically sound.
  • Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of a unanimity.
  • We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big difference that we often cannot foresee.
  • You cannot plough the field by turning it over in your mind.
  • Plunge boldy into the thick of life!
  • Choose wisely, do not bind yourself to what you cannot do.
  • It is never enough to know. We must also weigh.
  • Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.
  • Once you get people laughing, they're listening and you can tell them almost anything.
  • As long as you live, keep learning how to live.
  • Don't forget until too late that the business of life is not business, but living.
  • Find out what you really want to do and then cut out the details that fritter away what is most valuable in life. Live deep instead of fast.
  • My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there is less competition there.
  • We must view young people not as empty bodies to be filled, but as candles to be lit.
  • Democracy is measured not by its leaders doing extraordinary things, but by its citizens doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
  • You can't do much about the length of your life, but you can do a lot about its depth and width.
  • There are 2 ways of spreading lights; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
  • I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong.
  • Giving , whether it be of time, labor, affection, advice, gifts, or whatever, is one of life's greatest pleasures.
  • If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
  • Perhaps the best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.
  • Excellence means asking more of yourself than others do.
  • There is no use worrying about things over which you have no control, and if you have control, you can do something about them instead of worrying.
  • Wise men still seek Him.
  • Coming together is a beginning: keeping together is progress; working together is success.
  • Trouble is the structural steel that goes into the building of character.
  • Educated risks are the key to succress.
  • There are too many people praying for mountains of difficulty to be removed, when what they really need is courage to climb them.
  • To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.